Creating Encoding Presets
This page describes functionalities of presets that can be used in encoding VOD jobs and Live Channels.
Whilst the encoding parameters are largely the same for VOD and Live encoding, the platform stores separate presets for each type of job. VOD presets can only be used for VOD jobs and similarly Live presets are needed for live channels.
Presets are made up of one or more profiles associated with a specific encoding type and the individual encoding parameters for each. The V-Nova platform also includes a selection of default presets which can be used to get started. For advice on optimising ABR ladders when applying LCEVC enhancement to your workflows please contact us.
To add a VOD Preset:
- From the left navigation, go to Configuration Presets --> VOD Presets, and then click the Add a new VOD Preset icon.
To add a Live Preset:
- From the left navigation, go to Configuration Presets --> Live Presets, and then click the Add a new Live Preset icon.
The VOD Preset and Live Preset pages include the following tabs, all of which contain configuration parameters:
The settings in each of the tabs are described in the following sections.
VOD Preset General tab
Live Preset General tab
- Title (Mandatory): Enter a title for the VOD Preset or Live Preset.
- Preset Access (Live Preset only):
- Individual: Preset is only available to the user creating the preset
- For Current Master: Preset is available to all users in the account
Note for Trial Users: Presets created by a Trial User can be used only by the Trial User who created it.
Once you have specified the title and access settings for your preset, the remaining settings are exactly the same as creating a job manually.
In Configuration Presets --> VOD Presets, the user can enter the existing presets name and click on a filter to view the VOD presets list with the presets name mentioned. Click on the “Expand” icon to view more filter options.
Presets Name: To filter using VOD presets name, enter the VOD presets name in the text-box.
Presets ID: To filter using VOD presets ID, enter the ID in the text-box.