Perform the Encode and View Content
After all values have been set to perform the encode:
- Click the Encodebutton.
The asset configured in the source is uploaded and encoded. To view the progress of the encode:
- Go to Encode Jobs -->VOD --> Source.
Once encoding is complete, then the Job ID, Job Names, Content ID, HLS Manifest URL, MPEG DASH Manifest URL, Duration, Submitted On, Catalogue Status, Status and Source are displayed on the Job List, accessed via Encode Jobs --> VOD page.
Completed job details
Encode Status specifies whether or not the encode was successful and gives other information during the encoding process to indicate what stage the encode is at.
- If the encode was successful, then the Status displays Encode Successful.
- If the encode was not successful, then the Status displays Error Warning.
The encode log displays information about the encode. To display the encode log:
- Go to Encode Jobs --> VOD --> Logs tab.
To display encode details:
- Go to Encode Jobs --> VOD --> Encode Details tab.
To abort the upload and encoding process:
- Click the Backicon.
To delete a content item:
- 1.Go to Encode Jobs --> VOD.
- 2.Check the checkbox to the left of the Job ID for the content item that is to be deleted.
- 3.Click the Trashcanicon.
Once an encode has successfully been completed, the content can be viewed by logging into the V-Nova application available from the relevant app stores (Android/iOS/Windows) or on web by visiting https://player.v-nova.com.
If you wish to enable LCEVC-enhanced playback in any of your own applications contact V-Nova to discuss.