Comment on page
Perform the Encode and View Content
Performing the Encode
After all values have been set to perform the encode:
- Click the Encodebutton.
If uploading a file, the page will return to the input tab and upload status will be shown. Once complete, the page will revert to VOD dashboard as the job enters the queue for encoding.
A user can wait and revert, or monitor the status from the General tab within the Job ID.
Once encoding is complete, then the Job ID, Job Names, Content ID, Manifest URL, Duration, , Catalogue Status, Status and Source are displayed on the Job List, accessed via Encode Jobs --> VOD page.
Completed job details
Encode Status specifies whether or not the encode was successful and gives other information during the encoding process to indicate what stage the encode is at.
- If the encode was successful, then the Status displays Encode Successful.
- If the encode was not successful, then the Status displays Error Warning.
The encode log displays information about the encode. To display the encode log:
- Go to Encode Jobs --> VOD --> Logs tab.
To delete a content item:
- 1.Go to Encode Jobs --> VOD.
- 2.The Job must be in a disabled state, this can be done by selecting the job and pressing
- 3.Check the checkbox to the left of the Job ID for the content item that is to be deleted.
- 4.Click the Trashcanicon.
Once an encode has successfully been completed, the content can be viewed by logging into the V-Nova application available from the relevant app stores (Android/iOS/Windows) or on web by visiting https://player.v-nova.com.
If you wish to enable LCEVC-enhanced playback in any of your own applications contact V-Nova to discuss.