Set up a Live Channel
This page helps as a user guide for external users to use platform for Live channel creations and it’s Features. For Trial Users, Live channel creation is restricted.
To Encode a live channel in the platform:
- Go to Encode Jobs --> Live. The Live Channels Channel List is displayed.
Live Channels Channel List
This page lists all of the encoded Live Channels and displays the details of the following:
- Stream ID: The Stream ID can be sorted in ascending or descending order.
- Channel Name: Name of the Live Channel.
- Content ID: ID assigned by the platform when the Live Channel is created.
- Copy Manifest URL: Manifest URL that is associated with the Live Channel.
- Profiles: Number of profiles associate with the Live Channel.
- User: Specifies the user name.
- Status: Specifies is Live Channel is enabled or disabled.
- View Content: Need description.
A user can:
- Encode a Live Channel and live stream.
- Edit an existing Live Channel.
- Delete an existing Live Channel.
To create a new Live Channel:
Click the Start a new Live Stream icon
. The Live Job Contact Information page is displayed.
Live Job - General tab
The Live Job page includes the following tabs, all of which contain configuration parameters:
The settings in each of the tabs are described in the following sections.
The General tab specifies Live Channel set-up information. Most fields require input, and are noted as "Mandatory."
- Title (Mandatory): Enter a title for the Live Channel.
- Segment Duration (Mandatory): Enter a segment duration value, in seconds.
- Type of RTMP (Real-time Messaging Protocol) Source (Mandatory): Select the RTMP type from the drop-down.
- V-NOVA RTMP SERVER: If the V-NOVA RTMP SERVER is selected, then the LCEVC platform automatically generates the RTMP URL.
- CUSTOM RTMP SERVER: If the CUSTOM RTMP SERVER is selected, then the URL must be specified.
- Choose Zone for RTMP Endpoint (Mandatory for V-Nova RTMP server): Select the Zone for the RTMP Endpoint from the drop-down.
- Europe - London
- US - East-North Virginia
- RTMP URL (Mandatory for custom RTMP server): Enter a valid URL in the text-box.
- Choose Type of Instance for ECS (Elastic Container Service) (Mandatory): Type of instances determine the number of profiles that are created. Select from the drop-down.
- Small - (2 profiles)
- Standard - (4 profiles)
- Large - (4+ and UHD profiles)
- Choose Zone for ECS (Mandatory): Default is Europe - London for both types of RTMP servers.
- Is Private (Optional): Specifies visibility of the Live Channel.
- If Is Private is Enabled, then the Live Channel that is created is available for only that User.
- If Is Private is Disabled, Then the Live Channel is public for all users to view.
The Metadata tab provides the ability to add metadata to the Live Channel.
Live Job - Metadata tab
- Multi-Language Metadata Input: For each language, enter the following information:
- Title (Mandatory): In the selected language, enter the Title of the multi-language metadata input of the Live Asset.
- Description (Optional): In the selected language, enter a description of the Live Asset.
- Metadata Images: The following images are associated with the Live Asset. The Info iconassociated with each Image field provides information on the image size that is accepted. Mouse over or click the Info icon to display the image requirements.
- Thumbnail Image (Mandatory): Browse the local system to add a thumbnail image to the Live Asset.
- Details image (Mandatory): Browse to add an image for the Detail Page of the asset.
- Slider image (Mandatory): Browse to add an image for the slider view of the asset. This image can be viewed in the Promotional Banner Slider, if the asset has been added to the Promotional Contents.
In the Basics tab, select the Presets from existing presets and select the Encoding type. There are two types of Encoding available for Live Channel:
- H264/H265 Encoding
- P+2 Encoding
A user can add profiles for the Live Channel.
Live Job - Basic tab
Depending upon the type of Encoding, Advanced options for the Live Channel differs.
If existing presets are selected, then Advanced and Extra tab parameter values are automatically populated from the selected preset.
Note: Refer to “Presets_Creation” documentation for detailed information about the Encoding type and parameters with Advanced and Extra options.
Similar to the VOD Encoding parameters for H264/H265, Live H264/H265 Encoding has the same set of parameters.
The Extra tab also looks at the same parameters as for VOD encodes.
Refer to the “Presets_Creation” document for the parameters.
Live Job - Advanced tab
Live Job - Extra tab for H264/265
To modify and existing Live Channel:
Click the View Content icon,.Will see the details of options selected before, and also User can see the Logs and Encoder Commands. Always, Disable the Transcoding before Modifying the Live Channel.
Change RTMP URL: (Mandatory) If a users needs to change the RTMP URL, User can enter a new valid url in this text-box.
A user once Modified the changes can Enable the Transcoding for Streaming.
Logs can be seen in the logs tab when we selected the view content.
Encoder command-tab gives the command used to encode the Live content.
To delete an existing Live Channel:
Click on the check-boxes for which ever-existing Live channels need to be deleted, and click on the “Delete” icon. A confirmation dialogue box will be asked for deletion. Click on “OK” to delete or click on “cancel” to avoid deletion. Always, Disable the transcoding for the Live Channel that needs to be deleted.